Birmingham Homeschoolers Community 2020 History Fair
Communication in History: The Key to Understanding
Who can participate? Anyone! All age groups are welcome- from preschool to high school.
When will this be? The event this year will be online and will take place on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020 starting at 1:00pm.
What do I need to do to participate? Watch the videos from the web site listed below to learn about the topic for this year, choose a general category (listed below), pick a specific topic that you are interested in, then register on the BHC website so we know you are participating. Finally, be prepared on fair day, ready to have some virtual fun!
National History Day website- https://www.nhd.org/communication-history-key-understanding
A person or persons who played a role in communication-
- You can dress up as the person (if desired) and prepare a short, first-person speech about what that person did.
- You can discuss the person and their role in communication in history in the third person.
A place or object that had something to do with communication in history- (this could be a town, a building, or any other man-made or natural structure).
- You can build a replica of the place and discuss its role in communication.
- You can show pictures of the object or place and discuss it.
A specific event concerning communication at some point in history-
- You can build a representation of the event.
- You can act out the event.
- You can discuss the event in a speech.
On the day of the event, there will be a designated time that you will be online to give your presentation. The schedule and link information will be given out before the day of the event.
You are also welcome to join the event just to view the presentations and learn more about this great topic!
Visit website to register your student to participate by November 18th!
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.